We need a diverse group of volunteers to achieve our goals and are always seeking volunteers who can (virtually or in-person):
- mentor students interested in careers in your field;
- take BGCB members on a tour of your workplace;
- create a job shadow opportunity for BGCB members to gain a better understanding of your workplace;
- participate in a skill-building workshop on topics such as interviewing, professional etiquette and public speaking;
- provide feedback on resumes;
- conduct mock interviews;
- tutor RTW Fellows in writing skills;
- support RTW Fellows through the college application process;
- speak to BGCB members about your professional journey or a special skill;
- assist with the blog or podcast;
- host a virtual game night or fun activity.
For more ideas about volunteering with Ready To Work, please visit our Employers page.
To get involved, please contact us!
A diverse group of volunteers is critical to the success of Ready To Work. Here is some basic information. Please contact us with any questions.
All BGCB volunteers must also submit CORI and SORI background check forms which will be sent to you.
It is the policy of RTW that with regard to all RTW participants under the age of 18, a RTW team member participates in all interactions.
At this time, Fall 2020, all RTW volunteer opportunities are virtual over Zoom.
There is no minimum to the time commitment for volunteering with RTW. Each volunteer opportunity is different and depending on what you are volunteering to do, commitments can range from one afternoon for 1 hour to weekly 2 hour meetings for 8 weeks or more.
Yes! Absolutely. Ready To Work is a BGCB Initiative.